Today I am linking up with fellow "Carolina Girl" blogger Amanda over at her blog Teaching Maddeness for her 2013 Resolution Solution linky party. Who doesn't love a good linky party? Right? But first I am going to give a shout out to one of my new followers Jess at I "Heart" Recess. If you are not currently following Jess (or Amanda) head on over to their wonderful blogs and start following them!!
So Amanda is hosting a link for New Years Resolution Solutions. Check out her post here.
So here are my solutions to my resolutions....
1. Use technology everyday with my students. Now I use a fair amount of technology in my lessons (Promethean board flip charts, our class laptops, the class iPad. etc) but I want to use it more. In fact I want my lessons to be so chocked full of technology we short circuit the electrical system in my building (well not really, but you get my drift, right?) With not Common Core implementation for my state/grade level looming, I am really worried that my kids will be as prepared for the technology and project components as I want them to be. They are very capable and we blog together weekly, and they love using the laptops and the iPad but I am still scared....gotta ramp it up big time.
2. As an off-shoot of #1 I would love to be an integral part of the preparation for the technology/project component for Common Core. We have a 2nd computer lab in out school that is being under-utilized. I want that to become our (my 2 classes) second home, but I want to also encourage the other teachers in our building to use it too. I know the kids would love having more time in the computer lab each week (right row they get one 40 minute session per week...and they are required to use a compute program called Compass Odyssey rather than let the students explore and create).
1. As cliche as this sounds, I am making losing weight my resolution (again). I have been a serial dieter all my adult life but as I get closer to 50 (yikes, did I just write that number...and BTW I still have 2.5 years till I hit that number). I have decided to join Weight Watchers and am also considering joining a gym. I just don;t want to set myself up for failure either. My goal is to lose 40 pounds this year although I probably need to lose at least 75. Baby steps....
2. I want to run a half-marathon. I have run/walked several 5k races int he past few years, but I would really like to train and run a 1/2. I need some accountability partners..as well a someone who might want to train with me (even if we are on opposite sides of the US)...Any takers??
1. I am going to "attempt" to blog at least 4 times week. I started my blog last summer when I had all the free time in the world and we all know how that goes once school starts. Even if I have to do all my writing on the weekend an schedule my blogs. I am going to try.....
2. I want to increase my followers to 300 by the end of next year. Right now I am at 191.
3. I know this is not really blog related but I would like to try my hand at opening a TpT store. I am not really creative, but I think I have a lot of ideas to offer. I just have to start brainstorming what I think it will be...maybe tying in technology?!?!?!
Well, there you have it. I have committed it to paper (okay to my blog)..and when I click "post" it will be out there for all of bloggyland to see. Now who is going to hold me accountable??
I am also linking up with Diane over at "Teaching with Moxie". Thanks again Jess for participating and posting on your blog so I could join in this fun!!!