Friday, June 29, 2012

Fun Friday FREEBIE

Well, the posts on my blogs each Friday are going to alternate between several different types of posts....Today will be Freebie Friday!

As teachers we spend hundreds to thousands of dollars on stuff for our students and classrooms. So who doesn't like getting something for free!  On my Freebie Friday posts, I will share links to resources for teachers that are ABSOLUTELY FREE.

Disclaimer: you may have come across some of the things I am going to share, or if you are like me, you saw it somewhere, meant to bookmark it (or pin it) and forgot and then couldn't find it later!


Today's Freebie is from GetCaughtReading.org....they offer FREE posters of celebrities reading. These are great for your classroom. These posters feature actors, athletes, authors, politicians and even cartoon characters reading!!! The only thing you have to pay is a $5 shipping and handling fee per set of posters (up to 12 posters).  You can click HERE to download the order form.

I have several sets of these posters for my classroom and use them in my class library/reading center. I have them laminated and rotate them every few months just to change things up. I have also given a few away for reading award prizes.

Get Caught Reading is a nationwide campaign to remind people of all ages how much fun it is to read. Get Caught Reading is supported by the Association of American Publishers (AAP). Launched in 1999, "Get Caught Reading" is the brainchild of former Congresswoman Pat Schroeder, President and Chief Executive Officer of AAP, the industry association representing book publishers. She saw the opportunity to spread the word about the joys of reading through an industry-supported literacy campaign.

1 comment:

  1. News to me! I love that idea. Who doesn't need a poster of Opal and Winn-Dixie reading in your classroom. Thanks for sharing this freebie. Now, I just have to remember to pin. Hehe.

    Amanda
    The Teaching Thief

    ReplyDelete