Now there are a few rules to follow when receiving this award.
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you.
2. Include a link to their site.
3. Include the award image in your post.
4. Give 7 random facts about yourself.
5. Nominate 15 other bloggers for the award.
6. When nominating, include a link to their site.
7. Let other bloggers know they've been nominated.
Now for the 7 random facts about myself:
1. Teaching is my third major career....I have an MBA and worked for a computer software company for several years as a trainer and training manager. Then when my son was born I stated my own home-based cake design business making wedding and other special occasion cakes.
2. I lived in Alaska for six months back in the 90's and worked on the Alaska Railroad for Princess Tours and Cruises (yes, the Love Boat people) on their passenger train.
3. While living in Alaska, I went camping with friends in a remote spot accessible only by railroad..the train dropped us and our gear off and we camped beside a river for 3 days. It was one of the most exciting adventures of my life.... despite an encounter or two with bears!
4. I once went to the White House (as the guest of the a friend of mine in the military) for an arrival ceremony for the Queen of Denmark.
5. Before I got married I moved to Charlotte, NC for a year but only slept in my apartment 16 out of 365 days that year (the rest of the time I was on the road meeting with and training software clients).
6. I met my husband at a Christmas party and we were engaged by St. Patrick's day the next year.
7. I am allergic to the fuzz on peaches (not the fruit itself) and also the fuzz on the green part of the corn stalk...how's that for random!
Now I am going to give this award to a few awesome bloggers....