Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Carolina Girl Guest Blogger- Lana from For the Love of Teaching

Hey y'all!  This is Lana from For the Love of Teaching.  I am so excited to be a part of Patti's Carolina Blogger Series!  Thanks Patti for hosting this series and allowing me to be a part of it.
If you are interested, I would love for you to join my blog to follow along on my 4th grade adventures.
Today, I would like to share how I use my Cricut machine and vinyl to add personalization to my classroom and keep things organized.  The Cricut machine was a gift for my birthday to use for scrapbooking, but I have found that I use it more for school than anything!  Here are a few projects I have used vinyl on. 

Project #1:  Group work bucket (where I include sticks with student names), Our Class Bucket (where we add pom poms for good behavior), and Cheers (where I have funny little cheers we do for a break).
Project #2:  Last year I bought this tote from Target and added vinyl to store my clipboards.  I love it!
Project #3: I use this as my homework bin where students turn in homework in the mornings. 
Project #4:  I use the drop boxes for a variety of things.  You know when student's come in first thing in the morning with lunch money, field trip money, notes, etc.  This drop box is perfect to hold those items until I can take the time to sort through them.  I made one for me and one for my partner teacher.   
Project #5:  I bought this dish pans from Wal-Mart to use to hold our Math journals, Language journals, and Family Message Journals. 
Project #6:  I even personalized Swimmy's fish tank!  Swimmy is our classroom fish. 
Project # 7:  These bowls from the Dollar Tree are the perfect size to hold our class crayons and colored pencils. 
Project #8:  This bucket from the Dollar Tree is used as our class treats (a.k.a. candy)! 
Not only does adding vinyl make things super cute, but it really does add to the organization of your classroom. I am continually striving to make my classroom as organized as possible and labeling things with vinyl has helped in that process! 

Thanks for reading along today and thanks again to Patti for allowing me to participate in this series! 

No comments:

Post a Comment