Friday, September 28, 2012

I'm BAAAACCCK!

Wow- I looked at my blog this afternoon and realized what a complete slacker I have been since school started. I loved blogging this summer and while I try and get on daily and check on my bloggy friends and see what they are posting...I have been a complete "no-show" when it comes to posting on my own blog. Thank goodness for my Carolina Girl Guest Blogger friends, I doubt I would have any posts at all.

I honestly can't believe that we just sent home interim reports this week for the first quarter. We also have finished our first unit in Social Studies. We also took out first field trip last Friday to see Spirit of America in Columbia, SC. I am going to blog about it tomorrow but here is a sneak peek at  what we saw....from a post on my classroom blog. My kids wrote about their favorite part (don't mind the spelling and grammar errors...we are working on that...I am just excited that they are blogging!!!)

My 5th graders are really doing so awesome, and I am so proud of them. As you may know, I looped up to 5th with my 4th grade class from last year. It has been an awesome experience so far. I really love my kiddos, but man, do they wear me out. I come home exhausted every day.  Which explains why I am usually too tired to blog.

October is poking around the corner, the days are getting shorter and the weather is getting cooler. My Hokies are playing very well and in a few weeks will be playing up the road in Clemson, SC so I will get to see them play for the first time in a long time (not counting every weekend on TV of course!!).   I am  really starting to get in the fall mood, and plan on doing a little fall decorating tomorrow.

I can't believe it is almost midnight and I am still awake. I would usually already be in bed because I typically get up early on Saturday before the family is up and moving (except my hubby on the weekends he works) to finish up lesson plans, grading, etc. But one of my goals this school year is to try and finish my lesson plan by Thursday night so that all I have to do it grade papers.  This is the first week I have been successful. In fact I posted all my plans last night and sent our our weekly assessment in reading to my team this morning. And when I  left school this afternoon, I brought home my small teacher tote instead of my huge 31 teacher tote!! I have a few papers to grade tomorrow afternoon while I watch football, but other than that I am going to enjoy a schoolwork free weekend.  Hopefully this will become a trend and I can reclaim some of my life and enjoy a little more time with my family.  I will keep you posted....

Well, it is getting late so I am going to go crawl into bed so I can start my little snoozefest. Looking forward to sleeping in and then enjoying a little coffee on the patio with my hubby tomorrow morning.


3 comments:

  1. I know what you mean! I have had a hard time keeping my blog updated since school started!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Patti, I am right there with you! This is actually my second week of having my lessons done before leaving school. It is an amazing feeling to walk out on Friday afternoon and have your lessons done. Keep it up!

    Sarah
    Teaching Star Students

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that e-card!! I am having the hardest time keepong up with my blog as well! Don't forget, you will be featured this Tuesday on my blog!!
    Dana
    Enter my HUGE 500 follower giveaway @ Fun in 1st Grade

    ReplyDelete